Sunday 14 August 2011

Friday August 12, Saturday August 13 and Sunday August 14, 2011

Friday
Dan and Harvey arrived this morning and Mum and I are so excited to have them here! It is so nice to see my big boy and I'm amazed at how much he has grown in just two weeks. He just seems so much taller, fatter, smarter and cheekier than when I last saw him!
Miss Stella put on 20 grams overnight and now weighs 1250g. She is on 9 ml of expressed breast milk per hour and is on an optiflow level of 3 with no added oxygen. Neany looked after Harvey while Dan and I went over to the nursery to see Stella for a good couple of hours. It was lovely to be able to both be in there together with her without having to worry about what Harvey was doing! Daddy had a skin on skin cuddle with her, which both she and Daddy loved!
We went out for dinner to Montezumas down Melbourne Street then I went back to the NICU to say goodnight to our little princess then went back to Ronald McDonald House to enjoy a good night's sleep with mum and my boys.

Saturday
This morning we said goodye to Mum and Neany and it was very emotional for all of us. Mum had been down here for 10 days doing washing, cleaning my pump after I expressed, making sure I ate and giving me and Stella lots of love, hugs amd kisses! It was sad to see her go. :( We visited the nursery very early in the morning before we went to the airport where the nurse got her out to give mum a final farewell kiss.

Most of the morning was spent playing with Harvey before going up to the NICU in the afternoon to find that the doctors had decided to take Stella off her optiflow altogether and all that was on her face was her feeding (NG- nasal gastric)tube. They just wanted to test her and see how long she could last. She lasted just over 6 hours which was quite impressive for such a little girl!
We went out for dinner with a group of people staying here at Ronnie's to a Chinese restaurant and it was so nice to get away from the hospital atmosphere for just a night. I visited the nursery quickly when we got back to say goodnight to Stella then came back to enjoy a night snuggled next to my boys!
Sunday
Stella put on 10 grams and now weighs 1260g. They are going to add profitar to her milk which is to boost the protein content of my expressed breast milk in order to fatten her up quickly! Her breathing is lovely and steady with no oxygen and on an optiflow level of only 2.
Harvey was a bit concerned that Daddy was holding someone other than him but he was very good in the NICU and of course all the nurses gave him special attention and he waved at them and blew kisses to them all!



They left this afternoon and to say I'm upset is an understatement. I miss them both so much already and it was gut wrenching saying goodbye to one of my babies in order to look after the other. I just keep thinking of the day when I am able to walk out of those hospital doors with my son and my daughter and begin our life as our perfect little family together.

Praying Stella stays well and healthy and puts on lots of weight and continues to breathe so well and also that Dan and Harvey have a safe trip home and that time doesn't go too slowly until we are all together again.

Love to all,
Lauren

















No comments:

Post a Comment