Wednesday 17 August 2011

Monday 15, Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 August, 2011

Well, it's Wednesday and time here is flying. It feels so much quicker than Harvey's NICU experience. Stella has continued to remain perfectly stable with her breathing and continues on 9ml per hour with her feeds. On Monday she put on 30g and weighed 1290g, Tuesday she gained another 10g bringing her in at 1.3kg then overnight lost 30g bringing her back to 1280g. I had a skin on skin cuddle with her this afternoon and had some stern words to her about putting on some weight so we can take her home. Hopefully ahe'll heed my advice. We'll see tomorrow!

Dan and Harvey arrived home at 1am on Monday morning so it was a huge drive for both of them. I felt very lost on Monday so had an hour and a half cuddle with my little girl and that made my world right. We'll all be together soon, I just keep that at the back of my head the entire time.
On Tuesdsay I attended a mother's group for those whose child is in hospital and got a massage! It was so wonderful to just clear my mind completely and fully focus on relaxing my body. It was pure bliss! I got back from my massage to find that protifar (a protein additive) had been put in Stella's expressed breast milk in order to beef her up which is quite ironic considering it was the only day that she's lost weight after it was added!
We were very lucky today and had Juarne and Lachlan Reynolds and Jan Ralph come to visit. Juarne to me to Harbour Town to get some groceries and then came for a visit with Stella. Juarne and Jan gave me some lovely gifts for Stella including some handmade isolette dresses care of the talened Juarne. They are simply adorable and will be putting one on her tomorrow. Today the nurses had her in a 5 0 jumpsuit which looked absolutely ridiculous on her it was so big, but it was nice nevertheless to see her in some clothes.

Hopefully I have some positive news tomorrow about Stella's weight gain and I continue to pray that she remains breathing well and stays nice and healthy.

Hugs and kisses,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment