Monday 1 August 2011

Tuesday August 2, 2011

Stella has put on a whole 10 grams overnight! Wahoo! She is now up to 3ml of mummy's expressed breast milk every 4 hours. My day revolves around pumping, visiting Stella, feeding myself, and walking back and forth from Ronald McDonald House!

She is still only on air - no oxygen and this has been the fourth day so hopefully she will continue breathing well. They have her on a flow rate of three although they did try her on two but she started to have a few fleeting braddies (dips of the heart rate) and a series of apneas (where she decides to stop breathing for a brief moment) so they put her back up to three and she's been perfect ever since.

I'm feeling very "seedy" today. Not necessarily sad but am missing my boys like crazy! Harvey said "love you" on the phone to me and gave the phone two kisses which absolutely broke my heart and of course I was a mess then! Daddy is doing a great job working and looking after Harvey though and I'll have a real tough little boy when I get home!

Well that's all the news for now, here's praying Stella continues to grow big and strong! I'm off to the hospital now to visit Stella and pump, pump, pump! They are already starting to freeze my milk!

Love to all,
Lauren xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear she is doing well...must be heartbreaking for your precious family to be in two places at once. I love reading your updates and have been thinking of you everyday.xxJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay brave chick and keep on keeping us up to date with your new blog. X
    K

    ReplyDelete